Morpheus® Smart PICCDesigned to Reduce the Risk of Thrombosis
Virchow’s Triad describes the three key factors that contribute to thrombosis: Hypercoagulability, Vascular Injury and Venous Stasis. The triad is a useful concept for clinicians and pathologists and was central in the development and design of the Morpheus Smart PICC; Premium Safety Kits and Components; Clinical Training and Education Program.
The Morpheus Smart PICCEngineered for Life™
The Morpheus® SMART PICC provides clinicians with a comprehensive line of CT compatible PICC kits that offer True French size catheters with the shortest taper in the industry; this results in less trauma to the vessel, increased blood flow to the vessel and ultimately decreases the patient’s risk of thrombosis, infection and device occlusion.
Best in Class Flow Rate
CT Rated and labeled for CT injection.
The chemically resistant all-Carbothane catheter offers proven drug compatibility.
Smart Taper™ Technology
The Smart Taper™ reverse taper technology is designed to reduce the risk of thrombosis and vessel trauma.
Highly Visible Material
Superior product visibility, complete with radiopaque markings with centimeter spacing provide increased visibility, easier catheter placement and tip confirmation.
True French Sizing
True French size catheter means less catheter in the patient and allows for an atraumatic PICC insertion.
Morpheus® Smart PICC Premium Bedside Insertion KitThe new premium insertion kit is designed by clinicians for clinicians. The upgraded kit includes premium safety components and upgraded Maximal Barrier compliance. AngioDynamics kits are available with nitinol wire, stainless steel wire and stylet options.
Upgraded kit components include:
- 40 ml of Saline and New Safety Cover for Easy Vial Break
- Safety Sharps Container
- New Layout for Increased Nursing Efficiency
- 2 Chlorapreps – Tinted and Clear for Site Preparation
- Premium Safety Scalpel and Needle
- Extra Large Drape Made From Ultra Absorbent Material
Clinical Training & Education ProgramDesigned by Clinicians for Clinicians
AngioDynamics offers a comprehensive clinical training and education program designed and delivered by skilled, professional clinicians with experience in the field.
This extensive three-day program incorporates both didactic and hands-on training by AngioDynamics Clinical Specialists.
Day One: PICC Basics
- When/Why of PICC placement
- Early assessment
- Anatomy and physiology review
- Sterile procedure/ principles and practice
- Insertion procedure
- Care and maintenance of PICCs
- Complication management
- Legal issues
Day Two, Part 1: Ultrasound for PICC Placement
- Understanding ultrasound
- Probe management
- Scanning the vascular anatomy
- Identifying optimal insertion sites
- Ultrasound guided needle insertion on an anatomical model
- Wire threading with ultrasound
Day Two, Part 2: PICC Precepting
- Day Three: PICC Precepting & Review
- PICC precepting (cont.)
- Content & technique review
As part of AngioDynamics’ commitment to ensure clinician success, this program may be customized at no cost to address the specific needs/requests of individual hospitals and clinicians.
- Online PICC and Ultrasound classes available
- Self-study class
- The above classes can be combined with on-site, hands-on training and/or precepting
To ensure a strong start to new PICC inserters, Clinical Specialists provide intensive bedside precepting as part ofthe class.
Online Continuing Education
Online and other multi-media continuing education opportunities are also continuously available. CEs are available with all on-line education.
After initial training, Clinical Specialists are available for assistance by phone. They will also follow up on a regular basis to:
- Assess skill level and offer further training
- Educate on new techniques and the latest innovations
- Answer/discuss any questions or issues
- In addition, the AngioDynamics Clinical Team is available to offer recommendations regarding the following:
- Best Practice
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Infection Control Management
- Administrative assistance to establish Vascular Access Specialists (e.g., Full Time Equivalents) as needed.
- Patient Identification
- Early Assessment
- Database Development
Clinical Specialists are available to answer specific questions for clinicians.