Pulse*Spray® Infusion System
infusion system by AngioDynamics supplies you with the tools you need to efficiently pulse your chosen therapeutic agent into the target vessel. It is an effective, safe and practical alternative to continuous infusion of therapeutic agents.
- A study showed that high pressure pulsed therapeutic agents shortened treatment time.1
- The Pulse*Spray infusion system can maximize the dispersion of the enzyme throughout the target occlusion, thereby reducing duration of treatment and reducing the systematic effects of the therapeutic agent.2
- Pressure Response Outlets allow for even distribution of fluid volume along the entire length of the clot
- Finger flange allows users to increase injection force with small 1 ml syringe
- Dual check valve ensures pulsed therapeutic agent exits only from the catheter’s pressure response outlets
- Occluding ball wire occludes end hole of catheter, providing proper force to activate pressure response outlets
1. Yusuf SW, et al. Prospective Randomised Comparative Study of Pulse Spray and Conventional Local Thrombolysis. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery 1995; 10:136-141
2. Chang R, et al. Pulse Spray Treatment of Subclavian and Jugular Venous Thrombi with Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator. JVIR 1996; 7:845-851.
Important Risk Information
INDICATION FOR USE: AngioDynamics® PULSE*SPRAY® System, PRO™ Infusion Catheter, and its related components, are intended for the administration of fluids, including thrombolytic agents and contrast media, into the peripheral vasculature. CONTRAINDICATIONS: The PULSE*SPRAY System is contraindicated for use in the coronary vasculature and is not intended for the infusion of blood or blood products. WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS: The PULSE*SPRAY System, PRO Infusion Catheter, and its related components are supplied sterile and are intended for single-use only. Do not reuse or resterilize these devices. This System should be used only by physicians who have a thorough understanding of angiography and percutaneous interventional procedures. Do not substitute a component from another manufacturer. Do not inject contrast with power injector, if Occluding Guidewire or Occluding Ball Wire is in place. The use of an introducer sheath is recommended if puncture through a synthetic graft is necessary. Refer to the product insert of the therapeutic solution for indications, contraindications, side effects and precautions. POTENTIAL COMPLICATIONS: Adverse complications may include, but are not limited to: hematoma at the entry site, pain and tenderness, vessel dissection or perforation, vasospasm, hemorrhage, embolism, contrast extravasation, drug reaction, allergic reaction to contrast media, neurological deficits including stroke and death, and vascular thrombosis. CAUTION: Federal (USA) law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings and instructions for use can be found in the instructions for use supplied with each guidewire. Observe all instructions prior to use. Failure to do so may result in patient complications or death.