Total Abscession® Drainage Catheters
- The Vault® locking mechanism securely fixes the pigtail and prevents tampering or accidental removal
- "The Click" provides audible confirmation that the lock is engaged
- Kink resistant shaft recovers rapidly, even if severely bent, knotted or twisted
- Shaft diameter equals the inner diameter of the catheter hub for freer flow and clog-free drainage
- Thermal molded tip for less buckling and kinking upon insertion
- Lubricious Blue Silk™ finish provides easier insertion and pushability
- Aspiration can be accomplished in both the locked and unlocked positions
- Low-profile hub and soft, pliable strain relief provide optimal patient comfort regardless of anatomical access point
- Soft shaft design for a more comfortable patient fit
The Total Abscession product line includes three different styles of drain to meet specific clinical drainage needs:
Recommended for percutaneous drainage of fluids, AngioDynamics’ Total Abscession General drain features six side holes and is available with or without a radiopaque marker.
Recommended for percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage, AngioDynamics’ Total Abscession Biliary drain features additional side holes on the shaft arranged in a spiral fashion for optimal bile duct drainage. It also has a radiopaque marker to better identify the placement of the catheter on imaging equipment.
Recommended for percutaneous drainage of the kidneys, AngioDynamics’ Total Abscession Nephrostomy drain features six side holes, and has a tighter curl at the distal end of the catheter to ensure the drain tip lies completely inside of the pigtail avoiding irritation of the renal pelvis.
*Total Abscession Nephrostomy Drain does not have a CE Mark