Xcela Plus Ports
Introducing Xcela Plus Ports with PASV Valve Technology, the first proximally valved CT-rated port that offers clinicians Saline-Only Maintenance, which may help to minimize complications associated with heparin use.*
- Available with PASV Valve Technology, designed to resist backflow, maintain patency and provides a saline-only flushing option*
- CT rated up to 5mL/sec and 300 psi and is MRI-conditional-3 Tesla
- Radiopaque under fluoroscopy
- Flexible, kink-resistant catheter material
- ½” septum diameter for ease of port access
- Multiple options designed to accommodate patient anatomy and clinical needs
- Compatible with the LifeGuard Safety Infusion Set
*Follow institutional protocol.
The Power of PASV
The PASV Valve Technology design automatically resists backflow, reducing blood reflux that could lead to catheter-related complications.
PASV Valve Technology is designed to:
Easily Identify Critical Information
- Radiopaque “CT” lettering confirms if port is power injectable or flipped
- Patient reminder band, ID card, key tag and record sticker provide added verification that the port is power injectable
IMPORTANT RISK INFORMATION
INTENDED USE/INDICATIONS FOR USE: The Xcela Plus Power Injectable Port is indicated for patient therapies requiring repeated access to the vascular system. The port system can be used for infusion of medications, IV fl uids, parenteral nutrition solutions, blood products and for the withdrawal of blood samples. When used with a power injectable needle, the Xcela Plus Power Injectable Port is indicated for power injection of contrast media. For power injection of contrast media, the maximum recommended infusion rate is 5 mL/sec with a 19 G or 20 G non-coring power injectable needle or 2 mL/sec with a 22 G non-coring power injectable needle. CONTRAINDICATIONS: Inadequate body tissue to support device, bacteraemia, sepsis, known or suspected allergic response to materials, severe chronic obstructive lung disease exists, past irradiation of prospective insertion site, previous episodes of venous thrombosis or vascular surgical procedures at the postoperative placement site, local tissue factors will prevent proper device stabilization and/or access. Refer to package insert provided with the product for complete Instructions for Use, Contraindications, Possible Complications, Warnings and Precautions prior to using this product. CAUTION: Federal Law (USA) restricts this device for sale by or on the order of a physician.