- 1. Information We Collect
- 2. Website Use and Information We Collect Online
- 2.1. Personal Information You Provide When Visiting Sites
- 2.2. Personal Information You Share as a Registered User
- 2.3. Personal Information You Share During Other Interactions with AngioDynamics
- 2.4. Information That May Be Collected Automatically
- 2.5. IP Address
- 2.6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- 2.7. Mobile Tracking
- 2.8. Information Collected from Other Sources
- 2.9. Links to Other Websites
- 3. How We Use Your Information
- 4. How Long We Keep Information
- 5. Information We Share
- 6. Your Privacy Choices and Rights – EU and EEA
- 6.1. Legal Basis for Processing – EU and EEA
- 7. Data Security
- 8. Anti-Spam Policy
- 9. Third Party Sites and Social Media Plug-ins
- 10. Accessing Our Sites Globally; Transferring Your Information to the US
- 11. Notice to California Residents
- 13. How to Contact Us
1. Information We Collect
- Contact information such as your name, address, phone number, or email address
- Registration information such as your username and password
- Information about your employment such as employer name, title, address and contact information
- Education and other background information when you inquire about employment with AngioDynamics
- Content you may provide (for example, when you complete a contact form or submit other information on the Sites)
- Details of products and services you have purchased from us or inquiries you have made
- Preference information, such as communications you receive from us
- Any other information relating to you (or other individuals) which you provide to us directly or indirectly through access and use of our Sites, by email or by phone, surveys or questionnaires, completing forms or contacting customer service
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties including your organization and representatives, public sources, our related companies, and other parties.
Some countries consider some categories of information particularly sensitive or special. We do not intentionally collect or maintain any sensitive information, including ethnicity, nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political opinions, health or genetic information.
2. Website Use and Information We Collect Online
The types of Personal Information that we may collect while you use the Sites are described in this section and include both information that you provide to us and information that we collect automatically when you use the Sites.
2.1. Personal Information You Provide When Visiting Sites
You do not have to register for a service or program to receive much of the information available through the Sites. However, some of our content is available only to registered or identified users and will require you to set up a profile or provide specific information about yourself in order to provide you the service. AngioDynamics also collects Personal Information that you provide on Sites to receive marketing products and information, when contacting AngioDynamics customer service, or when responding to AngioDynamics questionnaires or surveys.
2.2. Personal Information You Share as a Registered User
Some features on the Sites may require you to register in order to get our authorization before you can use those features. If you are a registered user, you acknowledge and also consent to our tracking your activities and use of the Sites in connection with the non-public functions of the Sites, such as confirming and filling orders, maintaining quality control and contacting you concerning your orders, transactions or subscriptions.
In addition to information about your business, for security purposes, we require that you provide us with information such as names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers and other Personal Information for each individual who will use the Sites, in order for us to authorize you and those individuals to access the features of the Sites that are available only to registered users. This information also helps us to ensure we are able to securely identify you and each of these individuals as authorized users for the features you have successfully registered to use. Once registration is complete and we have granted you authorization, we will provide you with a user identification number and allow you to select a unique user ID and password. You will be able to change your password, as well as any Personal Information you have given us, in order to update your information. If you are a designated representative of a business, keep in mind that an authorized representative of the business will also have the right to revoke that designation and, if so notified, we will immediately terminate your right to use the Sites.
When you submit Personal Information on behalf of others, you represent that you have their authorization to provide this information to us. We reserve the right to (i) ask you to provide evidence of that authorization at any time during or after the submission process; and (ii) contact those individuals to confirm the authorization. If we determine that such authorization has not been properly obtained, we may immediately and without notice, discontinue your authorization to use the Sites.
Submitting information to us is not a guarantee or assurance that we will grant authorization or permit you, or anyone you designate, to use any or all of the features of the Sites. If, for any reason, you are not granted authorization, we will only retain the information you submit to us in order to communicate with you regarding your application and perhaps request additional or follow-up information, for audit purposes or as may be required by law or regulation and we will not use your information for any other purposes.
The Personal Information you provide and any data, personal or otherwise, that you disclose may be saved on the Sites for the following purposes:
- to advise you of or provide additional information regarding products or services that may be available through AngioDynamics or its affiliates;
- we may disclose such information to third party physicians and health care providers who purchase our products and services for the benefit of their respective patients for the sole purpose of contacting you directly regarding the same, unless you indicate to us via the Sites or otherwise in writing that you wish to opt out of such disclosures. Except as set forth above, we do not sell or market your Personal Information or personalized data to unaffiliated organizations. If you provide us with your email address, we may occasionally send you email and any email sent to us by you through the Sites will be handled and maintained in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements we must comply with, if any, regarding communications from users and the public.
AngioDynamics may collect and use the Personal Information you provide to enable us to save you time and money by better understanding your needs so that we can provide you with more relevant information about AngioDynamics’ products and services.
2.3. Personal Information You Share During Other Interactions with AngioDynamics
You may contact AngioDynamics to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report issues regarding our products. If you communicate with or request information from AngioDynamics, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Personal Information that is relevant to your request.
2.4. Information That May Be Collected Automatically
When you use the Sites, we also may collect certain usage and device information automatically as described below.
2.5. IP Address
We may record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or other electronic device when you visit the Sites. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the Sites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move about Sites and to customize content.
2.6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also collect information about your use of Sites through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “web beacon” is a transparent graphic image placed on a website, email, or advertisement that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you on the basis of “clickstream” data that shows your previous activities on Sites.
We use Google Analytics to better understand our audience. In connection with that, we, and Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) – and in some cases first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) – to inform, optimize and serve information provided on our Sites as well as potentially displaying ads across the Internet, based on a user’s past visits to Sites.
We also may utilize Display Advertising (such as Retargeting with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (i) show our ads based on your prior visits to Sites; and (ii) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and Site content.
You can opt out of Google Ads by visiting http://www.google.com/ads/preferences. If you do not want your data used by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at the Google Analytics opt-out page. Similarly, we may have LinkedIn tracking script running which serves advertisements based on activity on the Sites.
To learn more about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that some cookies are essential to the functioning of our Sites and deleting or disabling them will reduce the Sites’ functionality.
2.7. Mobile Tracking
Our Sites are available either as mobile applications or mobile Sites that you can use on your mobile device. If you use a mobile device to access and use the Sites, we may collect the following mobile-specific information in addition to the other information described above: device or advertising ID, device type, device screen size, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your mobile operating system, the platform used to access or download the Sites (e.g., Apple, Google, Amazon, Windows, etc.), location information, the preferred language used to display our Sites and usage information about your device and your use of the Sites.
2.8. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may combine information about you from a visit to one Site with information about you from visits to other Sites. We may also combine information about you that is collected through the Sites with information that we have collected offline, as well as with information provided to us by third parties, such as third-party list providers.
As noted above, AngioDynamics collects information from you in the course of your use of the Sites, products and services. We collect information from you when you request products or services. We collect information from you when you contact or communicate with us (including through the Sites, by email, phone, at tradeshows and conferences or otherwise). We also collect your Personal Information while monitoring the Sites, products and services. We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff. We may also in certain cases collect or receive information about you from other sources.
2.9. Links to Other Websites
3. How We Use Your Information
AngioDynamics uses the information we collect for the following principal purposes:
- To provide you with the AngioDynamics product and services you request and to respond to inquiries and communicate with you.
- To offer and provide information about similar and/or related products and services.
- To customize and improve your experience on the Sites.
- To generally improve our products and the Sites and other internal business purposes.
- Legal obligations to notify and report to authorities.
- To manage our business relationship with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
3.1. Providing Products and Services You Request
If you choose to purchase a product or receive our services, we use the Personal Information that you provide through the Sites to manage your orders and invoices, to process payments, to respond to your questions, provide you the services you request, and offer an optimal customer experience.
You may also receive marketing information from AngioDynamics and its affiliates; such as offers regarding AngioDynamics related products or services, invitations to participate in surveys about our products, or notifications about special promotions. In such cases, we will use your Personal Information to send you marketing information. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from AngioDynamics at any time by using the opt-out options specified in our marketing communications or by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
3.3. Customized User Experiences
3.4. Business and Product Improvement
In order to discover new facts that could help AngioDynamics better understand customer needs and help improve, develop, and evaluate product, services, materials, and programs. AngioDynamics analyzes the information that you have provided. For these purposes AngioDynamics does not use information that can directly identify you.
3.5. Site Analytics and Improvement
We may use the information that you provide and the information we collect automatically about your use of the Sites to monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for site improvement, analytics, and optimization.
4. How Long We Keep Information
The Personal Information we collect about you may be stored as long as it is required for the purposes identified when you provided the information for such specific purposes or for any new purposes identified by us and consented to by you, and for five years thereafter, after which point it will be archived only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
5. Information We Share
We only share your Personal Information with third parties as described below. We do not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
5.1. Third-Party Advertising and Online Behavioral Advertising
You may be provided with online advertisements of AngioDynamics products and services on third-party websites and mobile services that are tailored to you, for example, on the basis of information that you provide to AngioDynamics or a third-party website you are visiting, or of your browsing activity, purchases, or interests. These types of tailored online advertisements may come through several sources, such as the following:
- We may share with our advertising service providers your non-identifying information that we have obtained from cookies and other tracking technologies on our Sites.
5.2. Third Parties, Vendors, and Suppliers
5.3. Co-Branded Sites
We may partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or “co-branded” basis. At a co-branded site, you will see both the AngioDynamics logo and the logo of the co-branding partner displayed on your screen. You should read the individual privacy policies of our co-branding partners, as they may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site.
5.4. Product Reports
If you contact AngioDynamics regarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information that you provide in submitting reports to the designated government regulatory authority, as required of us by law.
5.5. Legal Rights and Obligations
In certain limited circumstances, AngioDynamics may need to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with a legal obligation or demand, such as to comply with reporting obligations to our governing regulatory authorities regarding the safety of our products, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”). In such instances, we will take measures to protect your Personal Information to the extent possible. We also reserve the right to use Personal Information to investigate and prosecute users who violate our rules or who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property.
5.6. Change in Organization
5.7. Children’s Privacy
AngioDynamics does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information directly from children under 18 years of age on the Sites. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, to communicate with us, or to use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue. If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not provide any Personal Information, even if prompted by the Sites to do so.
6. Your Privacy Choices and Rights – EU and EEA
The European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for individuals. Individuals located in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights, which may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions. You have the right to see and get a copy of Personal Information about you that we (as the “Controller” of your Personal Information, as defined in the GDPR) hold, subject to certain exemptions. You have the right as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information about you. You may have the right to receive data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another Controller in certain circumstances. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Information or the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Information about you in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on consent to use your Personal Information. You have the right to complain to the relevant Data Protection Authority (an independent public authority unique to each EU country which is responsible for oversight of local GDPR compliance) where you think we have not used your Personal Information in accordance with data protection law.
6.1. Legal Basis for Processing – EU and EEA
For purposes of European data protection laws, AngioDynamics has set out below the legal basis that we rely on to use your Personal Information. The legal basis that applies in a particular instance will depend on for which of the specific purposes described above AngioDynamics is processing your Personal Information:
- Performance of Contract – The use of Personal Information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. For example, where you work for us either as an employee or a service provider or apply for a job with us your Personal Information will be necessary in connection with your contract of employment or services agreement. If you are a consumer or a user of our services, we will use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations under the contract that we have with you. We similarly process patient-related Personal Information from our customers to perform our contracts with them.
- Consent – In certain cases, AngioDynamics may ask for your consent to collect and use your Personal Information. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you have consented to a particular purpose for our use of your Personal Information, then we may rely on your consent until you withdraw it. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing that has already occurred, and may affect our ability to provide products, services, or communications to you that are subject to the relevant consent.
- Legal Obligations – In other instances, the use of your Personal Information may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation. For example, we may disclose personal information for medical device regulatory reporting requirements, or to law enforcement in accordance with legal process.
- Legitimate Business Interests – In still other instances, AngioDynamics may use your Personal Information based on legitimate business interests of AngioDynamics in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such use of your Personal Information. You may do so by contacting us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
7. Data Security
AngioDynamics maintains reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls to secure any Personal Information collected through the Sites. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet. AngioDynamics cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information; therefore, when submitting Personal Information to the Sites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
8. Anti-Spam Policy
AngioDynamics does not distribute or sell Personal Information from our opt-in lists. An email is spam if:
- The recipient’s personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients; and
- The recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent; and
- The transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
- AngioDynamics does not send out unsolicited email (unsolicited commercial email (UCE)/spam)
- AngioDynamics does not knowingly do business with any company that participates in sending UCE/spam
- AngioDynamics does not sell, distribute, or exchange Personal Information from our opt-in lists.
9. Third Party Sites and Social Media Plug-ins
10. Accessing Our Sites Globally; Transferring Your Information to the US
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Sites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use reasonable and appropriate security measures to try to protect unauthorized access.
11. Notice to California Residents
If you are a California, US resident, note that AngioDynamics does not share or sell website visitor data to third parties. Under the CCPA law, you may request (i) a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you. To request either or both of these actions, please submit your request using the instructions listed under the How to Contact Us section below. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. How to Contact Us
To seek access to your Personal Information, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt-out of particular programs, or if you have further questions about privacy, you may contact us as follows:
Via email: email@example.com
14 Plaza Drive
Latham, New York 12110
Attention: Legal Department
Via phone: +1 800-772-6446 or +31 20 753 2949
We may exercise our right to deny access to or correction of particular information in certain situations where permitted by law. If we deny your request, we will provide in writing the reason why it was denied.
In some instances, the applicable Data Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that privacy law is followed in your country. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, contact your applicable Data Protection Authority contact.
In all communications to AngioDynamics, please include your email address, the Sites address, mobile application, and/or the specific AngioDynamics product to which you provided Personal Information (e.g., www.angiodynamics.com), and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete, amend, or correct your Personal Information and are contacting us by email, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request” in the subject line of the email. We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.