What is the PATHFINDER I Post-Market Registry?
The PATHFINDER I Post-Market Registry is a multicenter, prospective, observational registry that will collect data on patients with symptomatic Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) who undergo atherectomy with the Auryon Atherectomy System.
- PAD can be diagnosed based on the patient’s history and physical examination and testing which can include
- Non-invasive arterial pressure measurements in the legs including an Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) or Toe-Brachial Indices (TBI).
- Arterial Doppler and vascular ultrasound.
- Imaging including Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) or Computed Tomographic Angiography (CTA).
- Diagnostic percutaneous lower extremity angiography, a procedure where dye is injected in the arteries in the legs to assess for arterial disease under fluoroscopy (x-ray).
- Increase in Incidence Rate – Approximately 8.5 million people age 40 and older in the United States have PAD.
- Symptoms of PAD:
- Pain, aches or cramps in legs with walking or exercise, which improves with rest. This is called claudication.
- Muscle weakness or deterioration (atrophy).
- Hair loss on the legs.
- Smooth, shiny skin.
- Decreased or absent pulse in legs or feet.
- Slow-healing sores or ulcers on legs or feet.
- Cold or numb toes.
- PAD Risk Factors: smoking, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, diabetes, high cholesterol and age above 60 years.
- Your physician will make treatment recommendations based on the factors including the severity of disease, risk and benefits. Current therapies include:
- Medications such as antiplatelet, cholesterol lowering, and antihypertensive agents.
- Exercise programs.
- Smoking cessation.
- Surgical revascularization.
- Endovascular revascularization.
How to Learn more?
If you would like to learn more about the PATHFINDER I Post-Market Registry, including information on active hospital sites that are enrolling and patient qualifying information, please email our study support address at firstname.lastname@example.org